Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

Arturo Fuente - Short Story Cigar Review

I've been trying to layoff cigar reviews due to the fact that I have not been indulging in smoking because it's bad for ones health, so since January 2014 until today-the fresh start of June, I had decided to enjoy a sunny day with a smoke I had a year back: Arturo Fuente's Short Story.

Arturo Fuente had an connection and esteemed respect for the way Earnest Hemingway lived. It would seem as I am reading they knew each other. Or at the very least crossed paths with one another. Hemingway's stories have cross my path and I also have esteemed respect or a high interest in Hemingway's stories, especially his short stories, for example: 'A Clean Well-Lighted Place' is my favorite. So it would be no absence of good marketing or honor in me grabbing a smoke named in such.

The cigar lives up to it's name because just like a short story, it's short.




Vitola: Perfecto (4.0" x 49RG)
Price: $5.80 to $6.60 per cigar

Wrapper: Cameroon
Binder: Dominican Republic
Filler: Dominican Republic

Aged in Humidor: 1 Year 6 Months


Appearance and Construction:

Well the complexion does look Cameroon, a well wrapped, uniform, tight in the cap, all around down to a nice rolling to the nipple end. There are highly noticeable veins. It's band is like a red ribbon awarded to best of show. The question is it?


It's still packed tight after being in my humidor for 6 months over a year. I begin as usual by taking in the aroma of the wrapper and it gives off a aged sweetness like most decent cigars should. The cold draw is a leafy tobacco. As I light it easily with my butane lighter: the initial scent is a medium aroma of dark burning tobacco.


Draw: Loose but not too loose
Aroma: Medium to Light
Ash: Grey and White, rippled like a cone of Shawarma meat
Fumes: Yes, quite a bit especially on puffing but not like a chimney
Burn: Uneven and inconsistent, it never gave out
Boldness: Bold but not heavily
Harshness:
It's point of view, do you like a deep, sort of burnt note occassionally, some call it chard. Do you like a raison, not so sweet taste in your cigar occasionally?
Strength: Medium to Lightly Strong
Complexity: Not much



Tasting Notes:

1 cm in: I get a bit of a raisin along with a medium dark tobacco note.

Normally I would break down the first, second and third profile but I don't believe the Short Story needs that for it is a short smoke like it's name with a tasting profile that does not change throughout the cigar. It is pretty much it's name a short story, one hour of your time for strong tobacco notes and a bit of raisin notes in the mix.

I would not buy any more of these for it's price tag. Don't get me wrong it's a solid, smooth, smoke from very good tobacco but the profile was just too plain for my taste. Rating: 79

No comments:

Post a Comment